July 14-19, 2019
Registration for the 2019 Gathering is not yet open.
Prices below are from 2018. They might change slightly in 2019.
- Tuition is $695 and includes a generous supply of art materials, high quality morning through evening programming, an exceptionally available facilitator, and our group’s private use of the retreat facility and grounds.
- Register by April 14, 2019 to receive the $100 early bird discount for tuition of $595
- A $300 deposit will be charged at time of registration. If you prefer to pay in full right away, you can pay the balance through the link provided with your invoice.
- Final payment is due by June 14. We will resend your invoice with the amount due two weeks prior to this date.
- Your deposit is refundable through June 14, minus a $75 administrative fee.
- If you cancel after June 14 your $300 deposit is not refundable.
- If you cancel after June 30, your fees are not refundable. We would do our best to find a scholarship recipient to take your place. In the case of cancellation due to an emergency, this policy is negotiable. (See pricing grid below)
Lodging Options with Room & Board Rates
We are blessed to have full use of the Chinook Retreat Center, with 108 acres of forest, hiking trails, a labyrinth and Sanctuary. This year we will be using the brand new Meadow Row and Live Edge cabins! You will be given first and second choice of rooms when you register. Register soon to be sure to get your first choice. On rare occasion we need to make a last minute change to accommodate the special needs of a participant. This year, it is not possible to stay in your room or campsite on Friday night after the Gathering. If you want to stay on the island Friday night, check VRBO or Airbnb.
This is closest to our main meeting hall. It is a fully renovated historic Swedish farmhouse with large front porch, kitchen and beautiful living room. Walk upstairs for all bedrooms. Two full and one half bathrooms serve all who stay here.
Private Farmhouse Very small but special rooms: $750 includes meals & tax
Shared Farmhouse Cozy rooms to share: $670 includes meals & tax
Shared Live Edge Cabins
Hand-crafted with beautiful live-edge wood detailing, these new cabins were built by the same person who built the Sanctuary. Walk outside to shared bathrooms: $670 includes meals and tax.
Meadow Row Cabins
New, high-ceilinged cabins with large windows looking out on the meadow, and indoor bathrooms.
Private Meadow Row Private cabin attached to a second cabin by a shared indoor bathroom: $795 includes meals & tax
Shared Meadow Row Handicap accessible cabin with two beds, attached by an indoor bathroom that is shared with another double cabin: $670 includes meals & tax
The same old beloved cabins, walk outside to shared bathrooms.
Private Classic $750 includes meals & tax
Shared Classic $670 includes meals and tax
The camping meadow is edged by our cabin neighborhood. Bring your tent, sleeping bag and pad. Camper vehicles are not allowed in the meadow. Share bathrooms with cabins: $425 includes meals & tax
It is possible to stay offsite. All meals are included with offsite fee. Be aware that we have evening sessions: $350 includes meal and tax
|Lodging Choices||Lodging & Meals|| Tuition
|Price with Early Bird Discount
|NEW! Private w/In House Bath (shared with 1 other person)||$795.00||$695.00||$1,490.00||$1,390.00|
|NEW! Shared Handcrafted Live Edge Cabins with walk to bathroom||$670.00||$695.00||$1,365.00||$1,265.00|
|NEW! Shared Cabin w/ In House Bath (shared with 3 others)||$670.00||$695.00||$1,365.00||$1,265.00|
|Classic Private Cabin with walk to bathroom||$750.00||$695.00||$1,445.00||$1,345.00|
|Classic Shared Cabin with walk to bathroom (shared with 1 other)||$670.00||$695.00||$1,365.00||$1,265.00|
Delicious, home cooked, healthy meals prepared by our Whidbey Institute chef are a memorable part of the experience. She offers the freshest ingredients, highlighting produce from regional and on-site organic gardens. Most of her meals are gluten and dairy free. She honors unique dietary needs. Be sure to include these on your registration form. She and her team radiate love in all they do. More about our chef and meals.
Whidbey Island is 30 miles north of Seattle, Washington, with a twenty-minute ferry ride from Mukilteo to Clinton. Fly into SEATAC International Airport. Whidbey Seatac Shuttle takes you onto the ferry. Get off at the Langley/Clinton stop, which is close to the Center. You can share a local taxi with other Gatherers for the five minute drive to the retreat center. Detailed travel information will be included with confirmation of your registration. More about travel options and arrival.
Important Timing Information – Read Before Reserving a Flight
• Arrive on Sunday, July 14: You can arrive as early as 2pm. Registration opens at 3pm. We gather for dinner at 5:30pm. The opening session is at 7:00pm
• Depart on Friday, July 19: Please do not depart before the close of our final session at 12:00pm. We hope you can stay for a celebratory lunch afterwards. If you need to catch a plane please do not make flight reservations for earlier than 4:00pm. A 1:00pm shuttle will get you to the airport by 2:30pm.
• You are invited to stay through Friday evening to enjoy the seaside village of Langley and gather for pizza dinner on Deborah’s front porch. This extra time allows for integration, relaxation and fun. We can get you to an 8pm shuttle for a late night flight. The shuttle can also drop you at airport hotels for a Saturday morning flight.
• If you want to stay on Whidbey Island before or after the Gathering, search through VRBO or Airbnb. Reserve early as summer weekends fill. Clinton, Langley and Freeland are the towns on the south end of the island. You can also rent a car to get around the island. Local cab service is available to get you to the airport shuttle at any time. Please note that ride share programs like Lyft and Uber are not available on Whidbey Island. We send more details on travel and links to the shuttle with confirmation of your registration.
We are happy to answer any questions.
Call us at 360-221-5745 or email@example.com
Whether you can join us this year or not, please consider contributing to our scholarship fund. You can help make it possible for someone without financial resources to attend. We are particularly interested supporting younger people who are developing careers in creative facilitation to attend. This is how Touch Drawing will live into the future! Any amount is so appreciated. If you would like a tax deduction, we can arrange for you to make a charitable donation through Whidbey Institute. Contact us if you prefer this approach.