This conference brought together more than 500 earth repair practitioners, grass-roots activists, farmers, scientists, indigenous leaders and supporters to talk about the social and technical aspects of earth repair and ecosystem restoration at local, regional, state, national and international levels. Find out more about the conference. Over the coming weeks, most presentations are being uploaded to the Global Earth Repair YouTube Channel.
I felt very called to attend this landmark event to create Touch Drawings in support of the movement. I am so glad I did! I left with a stronger hope and sense of possibilities for positive actions to counter climate change through the regeneration of life. Scroll down to see the galleries. When you enlarge an image, you will see which session it was inspired by.
If you have an Earth Repair project and would like to use a digital image, I am happy to make them available via Creative Commons. Contact us to inquire about use of images or originals. Custom signed fine art prints are available in 3 sizes. Write the code number found beneath the enlarged images to order. Find out more about Interpretive Touch Drawing.
Touch Drawings from FRIDAY MAY 3
• Opening Circle
• Allying with Nonhumans for Ecosystem Restoration Panel Discussion
Panelists: Derrick Jensen, Jakob Shockey, Precious Phiri, Dan O’brien, Mike Mease
• Grandmother Agnes Baker Pilgrim, Confederated Tribes of Siletz and Unci (Grandmother) Rita Long Visitor Holy Dance (AKA: Afraid of Bear), Oglala Lakota from Pine Ridge, South Dakota
• Keynote Speakers – John D. Liu and Dr. Thomas Goreau
Touch Drawings from SATURDAY MAY 4
• Ecosystem Restoration Camps – John D. Liu
• Rebuilding the Circle of Life, Ancient Wisdom & Knowledge – Paul Cheoketen Wagner
• Invasive Species & Succession – Tao Orion
• Keynote Speakers – Ilarion Merculieff, Precious Phiri and Charles Eisenstein
Touch Drawings from Sunday May 5
• Healing the Living Earth – Charles Eisenstein
• Repairing the Earth with Sacred Space and an Ecosystem-based Approach for Ecological Design – Chuck Pettis
• Cultural Repair Panel – Jillian Hovey, Tiffany Y’vonne, Prof. Louis Herman, Dan Nanamkin, Maya Elson, Moderated by Ben Browner